When the weather cools down, it’s time for a roast.
Roasts are always a favorite especially when winter is here and it is one of the few meals no one, including our kids, ever complains about. I love to cook the old fashion way and use dutch ovens, but roasts are so easy in the Crockpot; you can put it in the morning, let it cook on low all day, and have an amazing dinner. You can use a variety of veggies, but our favorites are potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms. The best part is, when you don’t finish it all in one night, you can mash the left over potatoes, warm the beef up in some BBQ, and you have a whole new meal.
Hope you enjoy!
- Chuck roast
- Small red or yellow potatoes (so you don’t have to peel)
- Peeled carrots
- 2 packs of pot roast seasoning (we sell this at the store)
- Dice the potatoes in 4’s and carrots however you like
- Chuck roast in the Crockpot first, then veggies, then seasoning, and add water until everything is just covered (beef stock makes it even better if you have it)
- If you want a quick meal, turn Crockpot on high for 4 hours. If you want low and slow, turn the Crockpot on low and let it cook all day.